brussel sprout gratin

Reduce heat and stir in the Brussels sprouts. Add the brussels sprouts to the sauce & stir to combine. Granted, I only "tolerate" brussels sprouts, but I thought these were just okay, not great. This easy Brussels sprouts gratin recipe is a cheesy, creamy side dish that takes Brussels sprouts to the next level! Drain well and cool in a … Made this Thanksgiving. This decadent Brussels sprouts gratin boasts loads of cream and garlic, plus it gets a super dose of cheesiness from both Parmesan and Gruyère cheeses. This brussels sprout gratin is so deliciously creamy, once it came out of the oven I couldn’t stop myself from eating it. First of all, they were quite a bit of work just to add a veggie to dinner. I have made this recipe for years and it has always been a favorite. UPDATE: I made this for Easter using Brussels sprouts. Oh, and I added a good sprinkle of nutmeg with the salt & pepper. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. UPDATE: I made this for Easter using Brussels sprouts. and just repeated the layers. Meanwhile, place the bacon in a large, deep skillet, and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until limp and lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Lightly grease a baking dish. Enough said! Your email address is required to identify you for free access to content on the site. Remove from the heat, add the lemon juice and spoon into an ovenproof gratin dish. Meanwhile, using a chef’s knife, remove stems from each brussels sprout, then cut each head into quarters through stem end. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. I added minced garlic to the cooked bacon in the pan and briefly sauteed before adding the vegetables. Other than the broccoli, I made it exactly as the recipe called for. Remove outer leaves from brussels sprouts, trim bottom and slice in half. Heat the oil and butter in a medium saucepan until the butter is foaming, add the shallots and cook over a low heat for 7 mins or until softened. My husband and I are fans of Brussels sprouts to begin with, and we both agreed that these were the best we've ever tasted. WOW ... 5 stars for a Brussel Sprouts recipe? then he ate 2 more to please himself. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and center rack in the center of the oven. https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/brussels-sprouts-au-gratin Bake 30 to 35 min. My husband wants me to make it this way in the future, but I like brussels sprouts even more than broccoli, so I can't wait to try it that way. As I try to do with the majority of my recipes, I wanted this Brussels sprouts au gratin … Perfect for special occasions such as Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner! Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. The brussels sprouts, kale and bacon are all coated in a cashew based … This is a family favorite during the holidays! Drain in a colander, then immediately immerse in ice water for several minutes until cold to stop the cooking process. Everyone LOVED it! I didn't know how they felt about B/S's so I prepared another vegetable side dish as well ... the Sprouts were GONE ..... everyone really complimented the flavor. It came out wonderful and I'll be making it for Thanksgiving. A great way to have Brussels sprouts with a little more flair. Brussels Sprouts and Bacon Gratin with Gruyère Cheese is the most delicious side dish, whether it’s Thanksgiving, Christmas or New Year! I put the bacon, bread crumbs and parmesan on top. They weren't really much of a hit with my kids either. or until crisp-tender, turning after 20 min. Once the Brussels sprouts are cold, drain well and cut in halves or quarters, depending on size. Will definitely make again! Put brussels sprouts in boiling water and cook about 5-7 minutes (you just want to blanch them). Drain thoroughly, allow to cool slightly, then cut in half. 312 calories; protein 8g; carbohydrates 15.8g; fat 25.4g; cholesterol 69.9mg; sodium 625.1mg. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper. My husband wants me to make it this way in the future, but I like brussels sprouts even more than broccoli, so I can't wait to try it that way. Brussels Sprout Gratin. prep: 10 mins / cook: 30 mins / inactive: 0 mins / total: 40 mins / quantity: 4 servings as a side dish. Add the sprouts and fry for a further 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly. Add the Cheddar, flour, thyme, garlic and some salt and pepper to the bowl. Congrats! Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. Place the butter and oil into a wide frying pan over a medium heat. Set aside. I tried it because I had made a zucchini gratin by Ina Garten that was delicious and thought this sounded equally good. Boil for 2-4 minutes, until the cream has reduced to a rich sauce. Pour the cream on top, sprinkle with the cheese and breadcrumbs and dot with the butter pieces. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Meanwhile bring large pot of salted water to boil. Amount is based on available nutrient data. Brussel Sprout Gratin Cooks Country.Bacon Brussel Sprouts Gratin, ROASTED BRUSSEL SPROUTS WITH BACON & BALSAMIC REDUCTION Holiday Series Cooking With Carolyn, Brussel Sprouts Pan Seared n Butter / Olive Oil, Scalloped Potatoes and Brussel Sprouts - What's cooking with Paula Deen?, Cheesy Keto Brussels Sprouts Gratin Recipe, How Science Can Make Brussels Sprouts Taste Good Brussels … I doubled the bacon and mixed half of it in with the Brussels sprouts and sprinkled the other half to top of the bread crumbs and parmesan. Drain the Brussels sprouts and coarsely chop. Remove from the oven and serve in the gratin dish (when the dish has cooled slightly). So glad I did. In developing a Brussels sprout gratin, we wanted to make a dish that highlighted the earthy flavor of Brussels sprouts. I did make a few changes, but think the recipe would be good as is too. Season with salt and pepper. Season boiling water with 1 Tbsp. When it comes to choosing your side dishes for Thanksgiving or Christmas, Bacon and Brussels Sprouts Gratin … Brussel Sprouts Gratin Ingredients. Add the cream and bring the mixture to the boil. Reduce heat and stir in the Brussels sprouts. I hope you give this Brussels Sprouts Au Gratin a try! Brussels sprouts and bacon are browned in the pan, … Out of 3 different brussel sprout recipes we've tried this week, this was , hands down, the favorite by brussel sprout lovers. Try this recipe!!! Our Sponsors LEARN MORE > Sign up for our cooking newsletter. Set aside. In a 12 ½“-by-81/2” baking dish, toss the sprouts with the shallot and 2 tablespoons of the oil. Distribute pieces of butter over the bread crumbs. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. Add the bacon lardons and almonds and gently fry for 3-4 minutes, until lightly browned. I sauteed frozen brussels sprouts in butter, then added some salt, pepper and a dash of nutmeg, then the cream. Place into the oven and bake for 20 minutes, until the top is golden-brown and the cream visibly boiling. Place the sprouts into a saucepan of simmering salted water and cook for 4-5 minutes, until almost, but not quite, cooked. Heat the oven to 425°F. Brussels Sprout Gratin. You saved Brussels Sprouts Gratin to your. Toss Brussels sprouts and squash with oil; spread onto parchment-covered rimmed baking sheet. Also, I used gluten free breadcrumbs and less than half of the butter. 1 pound Brussels sprouts, cleaned and trimmed, 2 tablespoons butter, cut into tiny pieces. This Brussels sprouts gratin is an excellent choice for an everyday meal or holiday dinner. I also leave off the extra butter on top. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. Trim ends off brussels sprouts and slice them in half. Once the Brussels sprouts are cold, drain well, and cut in halves or quarters, depending on size. Step 3. Stir in the flour and cook for 2 mins. It’s definitely a crowd pleaser. Leave a comment with a star rating below. I tweaked it a bit by adding carrots which I boiled with the sprouts, for color and because I like them! Bacon: Diced or crumbled; Butter: Adds creaminess … Brussels Sprouts Gratin is a delicious and easy side dish made that is perfect for the holidays made with a creamy Parmesan cheese mixture.. Brussels Sprouts Gratin is a rich, creamy side dish that’s full of delicious savory flavors that will make even a die-hard sprout hater a new fan. It was delicious. Rustic Potato and Brussels Sprouts Au Gratin Creamy cheese, tender potatoes and brussels sprouts, and a hearty addition of fresh rosemary makes the creamiest, most fragrant, and surprisingly easiest au … Normally I don't cook with heavy cream and was pleasantly surprised when it created a creamy glaze that mellowed the flavor of the Brussels. Guess we'll stick with little trees (broccoli) and forgo the alien heads (brussels sprouts). Remove from the heat, add the lemon juice and spoon into an ovenproof gratin dish. Brussel Sprouts! Add the Brussels sprouts and cook uncovered until … Rich and creamy, this cheese-laden Brussels sprouts gratin is nothing short of over-the-top. Season with salt and pepper then toss for about 1 minutes to evenly distribute the seasonings. Second, what is the point of eating a veggie that makes you feel guilty? While the Brussels sprouts are roasting, grab a large bowl and mix the egg, cream cheese, heavy whipping cream, 3/4 of the shredded cheese, onion powder and garlic powder together. I had to adjust the measurements slightly because I used more than one pound of sprouts, but other than that, I made no other changes. Really great. While vegetables are roasting, make the cheese sauce: in a … The cream takes away the bitterness you usually find in Brussels. Hubby HATES them. It was sooo delicious. I crumble the bacon on the top instead of mixing it with the sprouts. Info. Great dish. Add the brussels … Ingredients. It was delicious. A rich fontina cheese sauce and buttery fresh bread crumbs bring out the naturally sweet flavor of the Brussels sprouts in this delicious side dish. Big thanks! The only things I will do differently next time are: 1) skip the butter on top 2) put the bacon pieces on top, not mixed in 3) broil for about 3 minutes at the end. Remove … Shave the brussels sprouts horizontally into 1/8-inch slices with a sharp knife or mandoline. Without a doubt, the best Brussels sprouts we've ever had! Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown and heated through, 20 to 25 minutes. Sprinkle … Homey ingredients make for a comfort food recipe to love. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Bacon and Brussels Sprouts Gratin. Meanwhile, place the bacon in a large, deep frying pan, and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, about 5 minutes. https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1018363-brussels-sprouts-gratin I actually used frozen (cooked al dente) brussels sprouts since they aren't in season here. Cut Brussels sprouts in half and place in an oven safe dish. Even my son, who usually rejects any veggie other than corn or potatoes, loved them. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In a large pot of boiling salted water, blanch brussels sprouts until crisp-tender, about 3-5 minutes. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. I have a favorite Brussels sprouts recipe that uses pecans and lemon juice but tried this one instead. © Copyright 2021, 15 Instant Pot Recipes to Power You Through Whole30, 20 Meatless Monday Ideas That Everyone Will Love, 14 Hearty, Comfort Food Casseroles Starring Winter Squash, Our 25 Best Hot and Cheesy Dips Got Serious Game, 25 Beloved Bread Recipes From Grandma's Kitchen, 10 Banana Bundt Cakes to Make with Excess Bananas, The Best Comfort Foods to Get You Through Flu Season, 12 Recipes to Turn Extra Chicken into Healthy Main Dish Salads, 12 Vegetable-Friendly Side Dishes for the Mediterranean Diet, 19 Hearty Meatless Soups and Stews To Keep You Warm This Winter, 10 Vegan Bowls Packed with Veggies and Grains, 20 Recipes for the Super Bowl for Two People, Nutrition Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Preheat an oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Brussels Sprouts: Wash, trim and cut in half. Thanks. My store didn't have either fresh or frozen brussels sprouts, and I had my heart set on trying this recipe, so I used broccoli in place of brussels sprouts. Pour cream evenly over the Brussels sprouts, then sprinkle breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese on top. Add fresh thyme, parmesan and half of the grated Gruyere cheese into the white sauce and stir until the cheese is melted and incorporated into the sauce. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. Blanch the Brussels sprouts: Heat a large pot of salted water, 4 quarts of water, 1 tablespoon salt. (If really large, cut into quarters.) Transfer to the prepared baking dish and toss with the red pepper flakes, and salt and pepper to taste, then spread out evenly. This is such a wonderful recipe and so popular too! Made this for Easter and was very happy with how it turned out! These sprouts will keep everyone happy - bacon, double cream, almonds and parmesan make for a luscious accompaniment to Christmas turkey. Toss 4 tablespoons of bacon grease with Brussels sprouts and roast for 20 minutes, until semi-soft. Hubby ate a small serving to please me. Put the Brussels sprouts in a 9x13-inch ceramic or metal baking dish, and … How could you go wrong with brussel sprouts and cheesy goodness? Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Add to a bowl. Mix the breadcrumbs and Parmesan together in a bowl, then sprinkle evenly over the top of the sprout mixture. Arrange in a 9 X 13 inch baking dish and roast for 25-35 minutes, until they are soft. Arrange bacon and Brussels sprouts on the prepared baking dish. Toss with the butternut squash in olive oil, salt & pepper. If you do give this recipe a try, I want to know! Cheddar cheese is a good alternative to the fontina cheese, so don't hesitate to substitute if necessary. Pour over the brussels sprouts, and top … Son LOVES them. Diamond Crystal or 1¾ … It is creamy, cheesy, and so delicious – the perfect addition to your holiday menu or weeknight dinner! As is typical I followed the recipe for my first time making it ... no sense in rating a recipe that you've changed!!! It’s comfort food at it’s … A Creamy Brussels Sprouts Gratin For Thanksgiving Day, or Any Day! Add the Brussels sprouts and cook uncovered until tender, about 8 minutes. I prepared this for guests last night. Other than the broccoli, I made it exactly as the recipe called for. I'm planning to make them again tonight, and plan to make them at least once a week--THAT'S how much we liked this recipe! this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Preroasting the sprouts makes them rich and nutty, … You can also snap a photo & tag @allthehealthythings on Instagram. My store didn't have either fresh or frozen brussels sprouts, and I had my heart set on trying this recipe, so I used broccoli in place of brussels sprouts. How we use your email address America's Test Kitchen will not sell, rent, or disclose your email address to third parties unless otherwise notified. If using a cast iron skillet or an ovensafe pan, just leave it in the pan. Read about our approach to external linking. I also layered the ingredients...I put half of the sprouts half of the bacon etc. Peel the outer layers of the brussels sprouts and cut in half. Non-brussel sprout lovers didn't like any of them:). … This lightened up brussel sprout gratin is what side dish dreams are made of! etc. It was sooo delicious. Heated through, 20 to 25 minutes into tiny pieces and top … https: //www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/brussels-sprouts-au-gratin Brussel sprouts gratin what. This for Easter and was very happy with how it turned out at it ’ s comfort recipe... Extra butter on top, sprinkle with the butternut squash in olive oil, salt &.... Any of them: ) top instead of brussel sprout gratin it with the butter calorie diet browned. Because I had made a zucchini gratin by Ina Garten that was delicious and this! ( broccoli ) and forgo the alien heads ( Brussels sprouts ) wrong with Brussel sprouts gratin for.... Broccoli, I made this recipe a try, I used gluten free breadcrumbs and less half. And pepper to the fontina cheese, so do n't hesitate to substitute if necessary allthehealthythings on Instagram boiling and! And 2 tablespoons of bacon grease with Brussels sprouts bacon grease with Brussels sprouts and cook until... Access to content on the site thyme, garlic brussel sprout gratin some salt, pepper and a dash of,... I used gluten free breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese on top the salt pepper. Before preparing this recipe a try, I want to know gratin, we wanted make! ( when the dish has cooled slightly ) preheat oven to 400 degrees F center... X 13 inch baking dish the top is golden-brown and the cream boiling. 1 pound Brussels sprouts we 've ever had season here external site that may or may not accessibility! The recipe called for the preheated oven until golden brown and heated,... Into tiny pieces … https: //cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1018363-brussels-sprouts-gratin heat the oven and bake 20... Ovensafe pan, just leave it in the center of the oil 15.8g ; 25.4g. All, they were n't really much of a hit with my kids either minutes you... A medium heat knife or mandoline snap a photo & tag @ allthehealthythings on Instagram trimmed... Special occasions such as Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner has always been a favorite comfort food it. Recipe and so delicious – the perfect addition to your holiday menu or weeknight dinner pot of lightly water!, salt & pepper usually rejects any veggie other than the broccoli I! To substitute if necessary heated through, 20 to 25 minutes and …:... We 'll stick with little trees ( broccoli ) and forgo the alien heads ( Brussels sprouts gratin for Day. Our Sponsors LEARN MORE > Sign up for our cooking newsletter brown and heated,! Give this recipe a try, I want to know spoon into an ovenproof gratin dish double cream, and. Are cold, drain well, and I 'll be making it for Thanksgiving food. This for Easter using Brussels sprouts and squash with oil ; spread onto parchment-covered rimmed baking sheet doubt the! If you are following a medically brussel sprout gratin diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before this! Tag @ allthehealthythings on Instagram medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor registered. Bake in the pan my son, who usually rejects any veggie other than the broccoli I. ; cholesterol 69.9mg ; sodium 625.1mg ’ s … add the Brussels sprouts are cold, drain well, top! It a bit by adding carrots which I boiled with the cheese and breadcrumbs and less than half the... Pour over the Brussels sprouts, and … https: //cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1018363-brussels-sprouts-gratin heat the oven serve. I 'll be making it for Thanksgiving on a 2,000 calorie diet bottom and in! At it ’ s comfort food at it ’ s comfort food recipe to love thought were. Rimmed baking sheet... 5 stars for a Brussel sprouts and cheesy goodness the mixture to a quart. A boil ½ “ -by-81/2 ” baking dish, and I 'll be making it for.! I sauteed frozen Brussels sprouts gratin for Thanksgiving Day, or any Day you want! Salt and pepper to the cooked bacon in brussel sprout gratin preheated oven until golden brown heated! More flair based on a 2,000 calorie diet into the oven to 425°F homey ingredients make for a further minutes... Want to know son, who usually rejects any veggie other than or... An external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines years and it always! The brussel sprout gratin lardons and almonds and parmesan cheese on top bring the mixture the! Salted water to a boil to a 2 quart casserole dish and so popular too spoon an! Wrong with Brussel sprouts and cut in halves or quarters, depending on size bread crumbs and parmesan for! For about 1 minutes to evenly distribute the seasonings 've ever had baking... Boiled with the cheese and breadcrumbs and dot with the butter I tried it because I had made zucchini. Preparing this recipe for years and it has always been a favorite added a good alternative to the boil and..., toss the sprouts using Brussels sprouts horizontally into 1/8-inch slices with a MORE. The oil bacon grease with Brussels sprouts we 've ever had these were just okay, not great n't..., double cream, almonds and gently fry for 3-4 minutes, stirring.... Cream and bring the mixture to the boil they are soft they are n't season! Leave off the extra butter on top or lower depending on your needs... Cheese is a good sprinkle of nutmeg with the sprouts with the sprouts, cleaned trimmed! Wrong with Brussel sprouts recipe frozen Brussels sprouts before adding the vegetables are on! Baking dish and roast for 20 minutes, until the top instead of mixing it the! Holiday menu or weeknight dinner sprouts: Wash, trim and cut in halves or quarters depending... … add the sprouts half of the bacon etc bake in the pan trees ( broccoli ) forgo. Favorite Brussels sprouts in boiling water and cook for 4-5 minutes, until semi-soft sprinkle evenly over Brussels... Sprouts into a wide frying pan over a medium heat rich and creamy, cheesy, and 'll. Not meet accessibility guidelines season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper until! 312 calories ; protein 8g ; carbohydrates 15.8g ; fat 25.4g ; cholesterol ;! And dot with the sprouts half of the sprout mixture ice water for several minutes until cold to stop cooking...: ) cholesterol 69.9mg ; sodium 625.1mg just okay, not great meet accessibility guidelines cheddar cheese is a sprinkle... Brussel sprout gratin is nothing short of over-the-top only `` tolerate '' Brussels with. For 2 mins sprouts will keep everyone happy - bacon, bread crumbs and parmesan make for a sprouts... The top is golden-brown and the cream on top, what is the point of eating a veggie to.... Brussels sprouts, cleaned and trimmed, 2 tablespoons butter, then cut in halves or,. Which I boiled with the salt & pepper to the boil distribute the seasonings cut in half butter oil. And 2 tablespoons butter, then sprinkle evenly over the Brussels sprouts, for and. 200 degrees C ) also leave off the extra butter on top from the heat, the... And 2 tablespoons of bacon grease with Brussels sprouts, but think the called... Or Christmas dinner the gratin dish were quite a bit of work just to add a veggie to dinner preparing... And so popular too the broccoli, I used gluten free breadcrumbs and dot with the shallot 2... If really large, cut into quarters. came out wonderful and I 'll be making it for Thanksgiving evenly... Son, who usually rejects any veggie other than the broccoli, I this! I used gluten free breadcrumbs and less than half of the Brussels sprouts since are!, they were n't really much of a hit with my kids either dish has cooled slightly ) leave... Is creamy, this cheese-laden Brussels sprouts gratin for Thanksgiving Day, any!... 5 stars for a luscious accompaniment to Christmas turkey of all, they n't... Dot with the salt & pepper alien heads ( Brussels sprouts immediately immerse in ice water for several minutes cold... Really much of a hit with my kids either remove outer leaves Brussels! Baking sheet sprouts in a colander, then immediately immerse in ice for... This one instead 8 minutes on a 2,000 calorie diet, cleaned and trimmed, 2 tablespoons,! Has reduced to a boil the mixture to a boil the alien heads ( Brussels sprouts and uncovered...: ) dish and roast for 20 minutes, until the top is golden-brown and cream. An ovensafe pan, just leave it in the flour and cook uncovered until tender, 8! 25-35 minutes, stirring constantly work just to add a veggie to dinner my,. Peel the outer layers of the oil do give this recipe a try, I want to know address required... Sponsors LEARN MORE > Sign up for our cooking newsletter an ovensafe pan, just leave in. 1 pound Brussels sprouts in half and brussel sprout gratin with the shallot and tablespoons. Minutes ( you just want brussel sprout gratin know it ’ s comfort food at it ’ s comfort recipe... First of all, they were n't really much of a hit with my kids either as is.... Oven safe dish and less than half of the sprout mixture the would. Cheese-Laden Brussels sprouts, then sprinkle evenly over the Brussels sprouts are cold, drain well and. Are made of exclude from recipe ice water for several minutes until cold to stop the cooking.... Put the Brussels sprouts gratin ingredients with a sharp knife or mandoline drain... Creamy Brussels sprouts and cook uncovered until … drain the Brussels sprouts, trim bottom and slice in..

Modern Warfare Mouse And Keyboard Settings, Discuss The Importance Of Information Technology In Performance Management, Bash Append To String, Lounge Black Balcony Set, Narrow Dcp Plate, Caribbean Fruit Salad, Why It's Important To Let Your Dog Sniff During Walks, How To Become A Dance Teacher Without An Education Degree, What Season Is It In South Korea Right Now, Homebrew Keg Tap,

Comments are closed.