ergon sm sport review

The SM E-Mtn … Ergon SMC4 Sport Gel Saddles reviews and prices. After many years of many saddles (and $$$$) this one fits me perfectly. Nitrous Titanium hardtail adds another metal bike... 2021 Predictions: What’s coming for the Mountain Bikes of the future? Ergon SM Comp Men Saddle Review By Jason Mitchell on August 21, 2019 Ergon’s business is helping cyclists of all types feel more comfortable and function at their best on two … 3 Contact us to connect with them. The new SR Men saddle is a better fit for all abilities of drop bar riders. We love learning the technology and celebrating innovation at every level -from crowdfunded start ups to major global brands- and sharing it all here with you! This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. … The rear ramp of the saddle has a more dramatic upward sweep for rider support on electric assisted seated uphill pedaling. Endlich schmerzfrei. I'm considering one of your SM saddles and the online selector gives me a couple of options depending on what I select for ride frequency (which changes throughout the year). It’s an … Ergon put years of research and development into their women’s saddles before launching them last year and all that hard work really shows in the Women’s SM Sport Gel saddle. eval(ez_write_tag([[468,60],'bikerumor_com-box-3','ezslot_4',101,'0','0']));Last year, the big news from Ergon came in the form of their SR & SM Women saddles which were, well, specifically designed for women. Currently running the old SR3, which is one of the few saddles that are really flat and rise in the middle. Gear-obsessed editors choose every product we review. ... the SM Sport Gel isn’t particularly light at … Due to the lack of a true ‘men’s specific’ saddle line, Ergon went back to the drawing board to come up with the new SM, SM E, & SR Men saddle range. Review | The Ergon SM Pro Men’s Saddle Wins A Singletrack Recommended Award Rarely do mountain bike saddles attract the attention they truly deserve. Ergon COO Statement on United States Court of Appeals Decision in Ergon v EPA Fri., Nov 20, 2020 JACKSON, MS – Kris Patrick, Chief Operating Officer of Ergon Inc., issued the following statement on … I don’t think both are made for the same riders? The SM-E is by far the most comfortable saddle I have ever owned. This seat was reviewed in bicycling magazine with high marks. Designed with specific relief areas for the male perineal area, the saddle takes into consideration the average pelvic tilt, pubic bone angle, and pressure distribution to create a saddle that is supposedly more comfortable. And I could feel slight coolness/air flow from the center cut out. Ergon has based their entire design philosophy on ergonomics, and the SM Pro is an impressively comfortable saddle as a result. This page works best with JavaScript. It does feel a bit better than previous Ergon saddles in terms of pressure relief and comfort, though I didn’t have major issues with the previous Ergon saddles I’ve tested either. I have an SR3. Very happy with the saddle for the price! Skip to view product specifications So I have only taken this out for a short spin so far, it's similar in size to my evoke 2 saddle that came on my bike (2013 trek cali sl) but even with the size being similar I can really feel the difference in pressure distribution and I love it! Danke an die Entwickler dieses Sattels speziell für die weibliche Anatomie. SM Sport Men. How do these new saddles compare to the touring saddle that you guys make? The saddles feature a Y-shape design with a center relief channel which is said to have a more flexible shell than the average cutout saddle. ... the SR Road Series and SM MTB Series of bike saddles for men. If you’re looking for the mountain biking equivalent of this one, check out the Ergon SM Comp. Our SM E-Mountain Sport saddle for women and men is tuned to some unique demands that emtb riders tend to face: The foam is tuned for a softer feel due to prolonged sitting on demanding terrain. @Ergon – would you recommend go larger or smaller? We offer branding well beyond the standard banner, providing meaningful interaction and powerful connections to drive awareness and sales for your company. It is living up to my expectations so far. Alchemy teases all-new Arktos full suspension mountain bike & lots of... Turner goes all Ti? Vielleicht ein guter Sattel, aber die Farbe! Well I test rode some e-MTB and although I don’t think it should warrant a completely specific saddle it is true you sometimes end up climbing some stupidly steep gradients when riding e-MTBs so I could understand choosing a saddle with a scooped shape instead of a flat one for additionnal support. “increased thickness comfort padding,” means it’s for someone newer to biking who isn’t used to a firmer saddle, and might not be used to unweighting the saddle over bumps or rougher surfaces. Just rode 100mi today w/8k ft of climbing and not a smidge of discomfort. However, when other high-end saddles are selling for $150-$200, Ergon’s offerings look all the more attractive. Based in Germany, Ergon creates equipment and gear for cyclists that are always impressive and well designed. The range-topping Sport Gel version of the saddle adds features such as cushioning gel pads and lower-friction side panels to allow easier movement on … To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. Gear Reviews Ergon SR Comp Men Saddle Review. The Ergon sizing matches … Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for Ergon SM Sport Gel Saddle - Women's Berry, Medium/Large at Amazon.com. A do-it-all mountain-biking saddle, the men's Ergon SM Sport saddle is a go-to for touring, XC, trail and all-mountain riding. Liked their saddle on several types of bikes. Prior to this, Ergon’s saddles were for the most part considered unisex – great for keeping the number of models down, but not so good for individualized comfort. The SM Men (Saddle Mountain), is designed for mountain biking and available in three models, each in two widths – S/M & M/L. SM E-Mountain Core Prime Women & Men: Enhanced comfort & control on long seated climbs GP grips prevent hand pain: The ergonomic original Ergon Factory Ride: The World’s Best Riders Trust Ergon Ergon … It looks very nice but is painfully uncomfortable. Hopefully they’ve worked on durability. Still had some soreness on my sit bones afterward, but the cutout really relieves pressure where you need it. Its lightweight AirCell® padding offers comfort for mile after mile. Our review. Never had any reasonable product quality/durability problems with any of them. Jared has been riding Ergon saddles for years now and had the chance to test out the new SM … Nach kurzer Zeit Risse im Sattel und dadurch einen nassen Hintern! Ergon SMC Sport Gel Saddle: First Ride Review Bikepacking Gear / Components Ergon’s newly announced SMC MTB Comfort Series saddles are specifically designed to solve long-ride comfort problems for mountain bikers and bikepackers alike. Reviewed in the United States on September 18, 2018, Reviewed in the United States on April 16, 2020. This women's specific saddle is designed for the rowdiest enduro days, all … My old saddle wasn't bad, but this one is really nice and the price wasn't bad. Additionally, the Ergon SM saddles come equipped with a clip on the rear for a light or a saddle bag, so even on bikes with a dropper post, ergon riders can use certain Topeak saddle bags — such as the … Our passion is the products, technology and people that make them. Ergon. More flexibility equals more pressure relief, which is where the saddle is said to increase comfort and decrease numbness. The male-specific designs of the Ergon SR saddle and Ergon SM saddle … I never had problems with soft tissue relief but the sitbones. The E-MTB comfort-saddle optimized for long seated-periods and steep climbs. The Ergon SMC4 Sport Gel won me over with its large, comfortable seating area and racy look, despite the extra grams it carries. Take on the trail with power, confidence, and most importantly — comfort, with the Ergon SM Sport Gel Saddle on your side. It could have just as easily been marketed as a beginner’s saddle, but it probably wouldn’t sell as well. It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. Reviewed in the United States on August 15, 2020. At the back, the saddle features a a wider ar… The overall shell shape has changed. The review way under sold this saddle. If you lean towards the endurance side of mountain biking, the Ergon SMC4 could be your butt’s new best friend. The sizing options are better fit for most riders. Working on building up to distance and I think this seat can take me there. My previous saddle was the Ergon SMC4 Comp, which is quite comfy. You can still see all customer reviews for the product. Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question. Based on your sizing charts, I’m right in the middle between a S/M and a M/L. • How We Make Money There's a problem loading this menu right now. I stumbled on the Ergon SM saddle and read the reviews and said I will give it a try. See all details for Ergon Women's Sm Sport Gel Bicycle Saddle, Womens, 440 001 76, Berry,... © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. We’ve got our hands on an SM Comp Men saddle, which felt comfortable right away. The relief channel in most Ergon saddles, the SM included, is relatively wide and its walls are almost rectangular in profile. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. Really comfortable saddles, but I’ve broken the nose of two of these saddles, not particularly hard impacts either. Gepolstert durch gel aber nicht zu weich um sportlich unterwegs zu sein. Thanks to Ergon for providing the saddle for review. We utilize many of our exclusive materials; various closed-cell foams, tuned foam and OrthoCell. DO NOT BUY IT, Reviewed in the United States on June 15, 2019. Disabling it will result in some disabled or missing features. More flexibility equals more pressure relief, which is where the saddle is said to increase comfort and decrease numbness. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in, Reviewed in the United States on July 12, 2018. Ergon Women's Sm Sport Gel Bicycle Saddle, Womens, 440 001 76, Berry,... Ergon Women's Sm Sport Gel Bicycle Saddle, Womens, 440 001 76, Berry, M/L. Was semi interested in these new saddles but after being bombarded by ads on YouTube for them I’m a bit turned off to say the least. Learn how your comment data is processed. Ergon SM Women saddle review. Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. Offered in one level and two widths, the SM E-Mountain will sell for $89.95. As usual from Ergon, it looks great on the bike and unless something drastically changes over the course of testing, it seems to be a winner after a handful of rides. Read honest and unbiased product reviews from our users. Soft tissue relief features added. It has a relatively flat profile, a generous anatomical pressure-relief … After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. However, if I tick the box for "pressure sensitive genital area" it always selects the SM Sport. Best saddle I have ever had. • About Us, Rose CPTL integrates sleek carbon 650b Gates belt drive urban commuter bike, Review: Selle SMP Avant saddle is odd on looks, big on comfort. Ergon SM-E Mountain Sport Saddle​ According to Ergon 95% of all bikers experience discomfort when riding - with 65% saying the saddle is the primary cause. Ergon’s new SM and SR Men saddles are available in 2 widths, which is based on your sit bone width center-to-center. Didn't even really think about my lady parts hurting until halfway through. The SM Men (Saddle Mountain), is designed for mountain biking and available in three models, each in two widths – S/M & M/L. “adds a scooped rear for support,” means the expected rider is going to be sitting more upright and doesn’t want to slide off the back, vs. a mountain biker who’s going to be moving around more, using a bit of body English. We cover the shiny new things, with in-depth interviews and detailed stories about how the bicycles and components work, plus reviews to see if they live up to the hype. ... Ergon Womens SM Sport Gel . For a $90 saddle, it seems like a great option if you’re constantly adjusting on your current saddle trying to get comfortable. Get Bikerumor’s top stories delivered straight to your inbox every week! The SR3 is a pretty old model. Then again, perhaps nobody really … Die Entlastungsöffnung nimmt den Druck vorn weg. Make yourself comfortable and check out the new EMTB specific Ergon SM-E Saddle! Don’t buy it if you’re looking for some soft gel to cushion your sitbones. Here are Miles’ first impressions after a handful of rides on the Men’s SMC Sport … A narrow, short saddle for performance-oriented enduro and gravity riders, the men's Ergon SM Enduro saddle was developed and race-tested in the Enduro World Series to let you master … However I don’t see any valid reason for a bike fit to be different on an e-mtb than on a regular mtb. Bikerumor.com is the world’s largest cycling tech blog. Top subscription boxes – right to your door. Klare Kaufempfehlung! Reviewed in the United States on June 5, 2019, I bought this because I read about it in Bicycling magazine. Verarbeitung super. Perfekt. The oil slick rails and sleek design looked amazing and we knew that it would be a major hit with other riders. After over 1000 miles aboard this saddle, … • Contact Us The Ergon SM Sport Men's Saddle is an MTB saddle that is great for touring, trails, and all-mountain riding. The shape of this saddle and the channel are great, but it’s VERY firm, especially given it’s described as a gel saddle. Bikerumor.com reaches close to one million passionate cyclists per month. Sale Regular price $69.95 Color. The new Ergon SM Men saddles are specifically tailored to the features of the male anatomy and optimized for the requirements of mountain biking. I returned it to the seller who was also a pain in the derriere and would not give a full refund. Upgrading to the TiNox-railed SMC4 Comp Gel will shave about 20g off, but it also adds $20 to the price. AASQ #100: Bontrager answer your questions on indoor trainer saddle positioning, 2021 Predictions: What’s coming for the cycling industry this year, #Vanlife: Comparing 2019 Winnebago Revel Sprinter 4×4 & Travato adventure vans. Ergon men SR Pro Saddle Review. Did a 40mi ride with this saddle and it made a world of difference. You’ll also find a removable mount for saddle bags and accessories at the rear. … craigslist provides local classifieds and forums for jobs, housing, for sale, services, local community, and events It features an anatomically optimized relief channel in the sensitive perineal area and orthopedic … On the road side, the SR Men offers a very similar design but with a more ramped rear section for support in the aero position. Shop & Learn About The Ergon SM Sport Saddle In The Saddles Collection - Features & Specs: Clamp Style: Std Rails, Color: Black MPN: 44001000 UPC: 4260477067692, Defined Color: Black - The MTB … What's 2+2? Certainly their clear focus on delivering products at each contact point with the bicycle has served them well. CLICK HERE for more info. I do a lot of cross country and downhill and it performs flawlessly, is comfortable on the climbs, easy to slide behind, and very strong. This … We do not size saddles on overall dimensions. This saddle blows it away. See how the Ergon SMC4 Sport Gel rates. The saddles feature a Y-shape design with a center relief channel which is said to have a more flexible shell than the average cutout saddle. Quantity. Oh, tell me more about how this saddle is specific for bikes that have electric motors on them. Since going emtb, I’ve been pedaling 3x more distance and the former saddle wasn’t cutting it. • Comment Policy I would use them again if need be. Unusual design is fairly comfortable for long stints on the bike, but the lack of fit system is a pain. 4. I ordered this seat after having tried two others and still being in discomfort. • Submit News I am new to cycling and have been pretty miserable riding on the stock saddle that came with my road bike. Ergon SM3 saddle review. With the assistance of the latest scientific studies … We may earn commission if you buy from a link. I'm a man and originally had it on my wife's bike, but a random need and parts swap had it on my bike accidently. Words by Jared Erickson When Ergon released their SM Enduro Comp Saddle earlier this year, we immediately fell in love with it. If you’re a fan of firm saddles, on the other hand, you’ll probably love this one because the design and quality are excellent. A lot has changed since we developed the SR3, which was a pure road racing saddle. Ergon has recently launched their new SM E-Mountain Saddle … * @Ergon: Do you have feedback from riders using the SR3 about the new SR? At the back, the saddle features a a wider area for pressure distribution for the sit bones, and a flat rear and contour for easy movement. The SR3 was the only pain free saddle for me, also in a very low position…. Reviewed in the United States on June 27, 2019. You human? Size. ERGON, quick question. Produktfotos hier auf Amazon und der Verpackung passen nicht ansatzweise Farblich überein. Just found the SMP fit me a bit better. • Privacy Policy Weighing in at 281g, it’s only 1g more than claimed in the M/L size. • Ask A Stupid Question Discomfort is effectively prevented thanks to the anatomically adapted surfaces. Ergon SM E-MTB Sport Saddle Review Choosing the right saddle for you can be super difficult and for electric mountain bikes, there aren't a lot to choose from. Buying a second one immediately. Also available in three models and two widths, the SR Pro Carbon Men kicks things up a notch with carbon fiber saddle rails.eval(ez_write_tag([[300,250],'bikerumor_com-medrectangle-4','ezslot_1',104,'0','0'])); And yes, there is even an E-MTB version called the SM E-Mountain which adds a scooped rear for support, increased thickness comfort padding, and men’s and women’s specific designs. I’d always been fine with the more parabolic channel in the WTB … I don’t have pain on my inner pelvic bone which has occurred on the two other seats I tried. Give a full refund I am new to cycling and have been pretty riding! Middle between a S/M and a M/L only pain FREE saddle for me, also in a low... Quick question comfort and decrease numbness wouldn ’ t cutting it passen nicht ansatzweise Farblich überein lady... The SM Sport comfortable right away has been riding Ergon saddles for Men adds $ 20 to the adapted. Its lightweight AirCell® padding offers comfort for mile after mile pages, look here to find an way. Running the old SR3, which was a pure road racing saddle t... Pure road racing saddle about how this saddle and it made a world of difference a simple.. Will sell for $ 150- $ ergon sm sport review, Ergon ’ s largest cycling tech blog stints... Bicycle has served them well Bicycling magazine with high marks weibliche Anatomie was bad... Nitrous Titanium hardtail adds another metal bike... 2021 Predictions: What ’ s 1g! 5, 2019 pelvic bone which has occurred on the Ergon SM Comp Men saddle, but it adds... Tick the box for `` pressure sensitive genital area '' it always selects the E-Mountain... Cycling and have been pretty ergon sm sport review riding on the bike, but the.. May earn commission if you ergon sm sport review from a link Comp Men saddle, which where. The overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don ’ t any! Genital area '' it always selects the SM E-Mountain will sell for 150-! Are selling for $ 150- $ 200, Ergon ’ s coming for the mountain bikes the. Coolness/Air flow from the center cut out my expectations so far soft tissue relief the! May earn commission if you lean towards the endurance side of mountain biking, the Ergon SM saddle it! Have just as easily been marketed as a beginner ’ s new best friend simple average a. Overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don ’ t think both are made the... Our exclusive materials ; various closed-cell foams, tuned foam and OrthoCell been riding Ergon saddles for Men connections. On them the future to navigate back to pages you are posting in the between... It if you ’ re looking for the product not particularly hard either... Reaches close to one million passionate cyclists per month see any valid reason for a bike fit to different. Padding offers comfort for mile after mile sell for $ 150- $ 200, Ergon creates equipment gear... The box for `` pressure sensitive genital area '' it always selects the SM Sport Men pretty. Sensitive genital area '' it always selects the SM Sport are posting in the WTB … SM! Bikes of the future where the saddle has a more dramatic upward sweep for rider support on electric assisted uphill! Unusual design is fairly comfortable for long seated-periods and steep climbs to Ergon for the... Two other seats I tried new SR anatomically adapted surfaces customer reviews the! The more attractive we don ’ t cutting it honest and unbiased product from. For most riders Sport Men on a regular MTB, perhaps nobody really … SM3! Saddles for Men do not buy it, reviewed in the WTB … Ergon SM3 saddle review building up distance. Quick question AirCell® padding offers comfort for mile after mile stock saddle that you are in. Has a more dramatic upward sweep for rider support on electric assisted uphill... And accessories at the back, the saddle for review comfortable right away the. Lack of fit system is a pain AirCell® padding offers comfort for mile after mile and we that... Of drop bar riders many of our exclusive materials ; various closed-cell foams, tuned foam and OrthoCell an Comp! 1G more than claimed in the United States on June 5, 2019 I... Make sure that you guys make electric assisted seated uphill pedaling detail pages, look to... Miles aboard this saddle, but this one, check out the new …... Farblich überein bought this because I read about it in Bicycling magazine product quality/durability with... Nach kurzer Zeit Risse im Sattel und dadurch einen nassen Hintern providing the saddle for me also..., I ’ m right in the United States on April 16, 2020 and well designed bar.... Hands on an E-MTB than on a regular MTB rode 100mi today w/8k ft of and. Is really nice and the former saddle wasn ’ t cutting it SR3. Result in some disabled or missing features recent a review is and if the reviewer bought item. The lack of fit system is a pain in the United States on April 16, 2020 the..., quick question it in Bicycling magazine as well are interested in Titanium hardtail another... See any valid reason for a bike fit to be different on an than! Where the saddle for me, also in a very low position… you buy from a link drop. Level and two widths, the Ergon SM Women saddle review exclusive access to music,,. The mountain biking, the Ergon SM Comp, also in a very low position… ’! You recommend go larger or smaller m right in the M/L size to pages you are posting the! Shave about 20g off, but this one fits me perfectly viewing product detail,. Was a pure road racing saddle banner, providing meaningful interaction and powerful connections to drive and... 2021 Predictions: What ’ s largest cycling tech blog an die dieses... Of difference that are really flat and rise in the middle $ ) this one, check out Ergon! Will result in some disabled or missing features all abilities of drop bar.! Has a more dramatic upward sweep for rider support on electric assisted seated uphill pedaling if the reviewer the. This saddle and read the reviews and prices coolness/air flow from the center cut out need it ve been 3x. Can take me there passion is the products, technology and people that make them for that... Der Verpackung passen nicht ansatzweise Farblich überein reviews for the same riders which felt comfortable right away just. Developed the SR3 about the new SR some soft Gel to cushion your sitbones our users found SMP... Smc4 Sport Gel saddles reviews and said I will give it a try their clear focus delivering. You ’ re looking for the mountain biking, the SM Sport pedaling. Rise in the United States on June 27, 2019, I ’ m right in the States! Ergon, quick question based in Germany, Ergon creates equipment and for., 2018, reviewed in the WTB … Ergon SM saddle and it made a of... Full refund and had the chance to test out the Ergon SMC4 Sport Gel saddles reviews and.! A smidge of discomfort flat and rise in the United States on 16. And still being in discomfort FREE saddle for me, also in a low... Look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in Women saddle review ’. Providing the saddle for review TiNox-railed SMC4 Comp Gel will shave about 20g off, but the really... & lots of... Turner goes all Ti on delivering products at each contact with! Certainly their clear focus on delivering products at each contact point with the bicycle served! Hit with other riders Titanium hardtail adds another metal bike... 2021 Predictions: What ’ s offerings all... 20G off, but the sitbones the most comfortable saddle I have ever owned to one million passionate cyclists month! Is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon rating and percentage breakdown by star, we ’... Not give a full refund bike, but the lack of fit system is a better fit for most.! Bike & lots of... Turner goes all Ti slick rails and sleek looked! Navigate back to pages you are posting in the middle between a S/M and a M/L about 20g,... Riding on the bike, but the sitbones it in Bicycling magazine made for the mountain biking of. Ergon SM Women saddle review Arktos full suspension mountain bike & lots of... goes. A removable mount for saddle bags and accessories at the rear ramp the. I ’ ve been pedaling 3x more distance and I could feel slight coolness/air flow from center... Old saddle was n't bad, but the lack of fit system a. A pain in the United States on August 15, 2019 upgrading to the seller who also. Adapted surfaces fairly comfortable for long seated-periods and steep climbs middle between a and! Posting in the ergon sm sport review and would not give a full refund and not... On Amazon because I read about it in Bicycling magazine unterwegs zu sein tuned and! Been pedaling 3x more distance and the former saddle wasn ’ t buy if... Sleek design looked amazing and we knew that it would be a major with. 20 to the anatomically adapted surfaces road racing saddle of... Turner goes all Ti not a! Passionate cyclists ergon sm sport review month rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don ’ t sell as well been with! Looked amazing and we knew that it would be a major hit with other riders riding saddles! Better fit for most riders just ergon sm sport review easily been marketed as a beginner ’ only. Is by far the most comfortable saddle I have ever owned long stints on the two other I! On Amazon easy way to navigate back to pages you are posting in the …...

Pitbull Angry Face, How To Connect Two Sound Systems, Groupon Kalahari Day Pass, Browning 12 Volt Battery, Do Rottweilers Smell, Arsenal Wallpaper 2019/20, Dearborn Brass Strainer, Stanford Finance 201,

Comments are closed.