what does ming mean in italian

And to Italians someone like myself that is both Italian and American is called an oriundo. ): to be a little bit out. Upstate NY slang - Comes from Sicilian/Italian word for the groin. I asked my 14 year old boy to get the mooz-a-dell out of the fridge. and know the whole thing?Anybody know what fu nob or fa noble means?Florence -- Va Napoli -- Go to Naples! Several weeks ago I was at a family function in New York. 95 percent of Italians in Italy speak Proper Italian? These shows personally make me sick and have non-Italians thinking we're all a bunch of vain losers.I know it's TV but someone needs to throat throttle their @sses and say "whatsa matta you...eh?". Help?! ): to make someone crazy.farsi bello(a) v. to doll oneself up.farsi una canna to have a joint.farsi una ragazza (trivial) to score with a girl.fuori come un balcone drunk.fuori di testa exp. All four of my Italian dictionaries do not have this word, and I am not sure about the spelling (I spelled it phonetically).Cybernawns@aol.com. ming tian jian definition at Chinese.Yabla.com, a free online dictionary with English, Mandarin Chinese, Pinyin, Strokes & Audio. as a matter of fact.inghiottire il rospo exp. in gran parte exp. andrew. ): big peeled head.tirare un bidone a qualcuno exp. ): two words. Meaning of mongo. My family is from the Caserta or Napoli region of Italy. ): to swallow a toad. In any case Sicilian and Italian are basically two different languages (though Sicilianu is really just an Italian dialect). Basically, it's equivalent to "What the fuck you saying?". We will write a custom essay on Recovery: Ming China and Renaissance Europe specifically for you for only $16.38 $13.9/page. AS a Southern Italian American ( you northern Italian language purists can Mete'nell culo ! allocco m. a stupid person, a jerk; (lit. and American. as fast as a bullet; (lit. Or maybe inappropriate ones, if in mixed company.Good post.John. love at first sight: È stato amore a prima vista! Though my family took it all the way to the Bronx a while ago. meaning "penis" in Sicilian. it's not italian, but a mangled version of "back house." For the person asking, I remember that one would stroke an infant or young child's face when putting them to bed - phonetically it sounded (to me) like Moosh-moo-shay said over and over and there was a word at the end I cannot remember...grew up in a NYC area, all grandparents from Italy. So this site confirmed what I remember from childhood. Some words are just made up by second and third generation italians. I highly agree that this site is so medican (if that's the way you spell it) since it does not exist in the italian dictionary. So, I hope you don't take offense ot my editing job - or you can just tell me fancul'a'sorella.MING' - short for MINCHIA which is a Sicilian dialect for cock. The poor uneducated people that came for a better life did not want their children and grandchildren to glorify their ignorance. Please use the quick menu. The band authored several novels, some of which have been translated in many countries. (Fee-GUH-rah-tee) No worries in Italian, “Don’t worry about it!” or “It’s nothing!” Just like in … "Fanuk" - Comes from "Finocchio", literaily "fennel". Italian slang. How to Choose the Correct Gender and Number for Nouns in Italian, How to Conjugate the Verb "Entrare" in Italian, How to Use the Preposition "Con" in Italian, M.A., Italian Studies, Middlebury College. Can be used for just about anything, but the literal meaning referrs to men's balls. I loved everything that I have read in this blog of yours. Thanks! Next, interestingly, I think a friend and I figured it out last night. I get it. I guess after this jersey shore era one might use of guido. He is a tutor of Italian language and culture. Learn more. (lowercase) a rascal or scamp. Monopoli on Adriatic. "AZUPEP": I think you mean "zuppa" or "soup"; As in "zuppa di pesce" (literal: fish soup). Mongo is inhabited by different cultures. I'll use the pronunciation not the actual correct spelling.ah beetz - pizzapasta pizelle - pasta w/ peas ( red sauce or garlic & oil )olly oily - garlic & oil sauceah beetza gain - Ham & cheese pie ( easter pie )sch keev - can't stomache something, or something that makes me sick.fafa deal, pee sha deal or fiff - penisfon ghoul - F #@k you or up your A**sva cheem - son of a bit*h or sh*t facecanool - conoli Italian pastrychooch - jackassgavone - over weight person, one who eats like a pigJamook or mook - idiot, dummy, loser, knuckle headMenza Menza - retard, beyond stupidmama luke - clown, screwball, moronI can go on & on, but I'm getting tired now ... LOL. Thanks! the life of Riley.leccapiedi exp. I married a 2nd generation CT Italian and have heard almost all these expressions used and pronounced as you describe. detective or mystery story; (lit. Italian Slang Dictionary A. accidente m. nothing, zip; (lit. Pronounced goo-'mah or coo-'mah. What is correct spelling and meaning.? And Sicilians tend to pronounce p's as b's and c's as g's, for instance, basta instead of pasta, gugina-o instead of cugina-o, brusciutto instead of prosciutto, gumba instead of compa or compare. As a kid, Mom would sometimes tell one of us kids something that sounded like: Va Gog! Anybody know what fu nob or fa noble means? Can anyone explain what "guppety gots" is? I have always heard some old italians say, and I know I am spelling this wrong ba fa nobala any ideas what it means, go to Napoli ..instead of the go F yourself they wanted to say...but not in front of the kids :). I would also like to see an entire list of these if one is available, "Chidibeep" is something with regards to a pipe. And Managgia [phonetic: Man ah jah], I think means, "My Aggita" or "I'm gettin' Aggita" or "You're giving me Aggita" which we all know means heartburn, lol...and last but not least, Mincchia, translates to [everyone was close :-)] Dick, as in Testa di Mincchia, Dickhead...hahaha...that's all I have for now :-) and thanks for the blog, it brought back memories, I found it looking for Come su dici, which I thought was slang for Whatta ya say? Paolo...that's exactly how my uncles would pronounce it too. ): to scratch one's stomach.gruzzolo m. nest egg.guastafesta n. a party pooper; (lit. The family name is the first character, and the remaining two characters are the given name. G is for glisten, a sparkle in your eye. and know the whole thing? Honestly this is bugging me. I did get to go visit there when I was a young adult. Sometimes, especially in Mainland China, the given name is just one character. It's still used in today's "bella lingua", usually in it's plural form, "'sti cazzi!" (vulgar) to fart.scemo/a n. a stupid person, a jerk; (from the verb scemare, meaning "to shrink or diminish").sfatto f. (trivial) worn out after a night of debauchery.sgualdrina f. (pejorative) trollop, strumpet, harlot, tart.spettegolare v. to gossip; (lit. aside.donnaccia f. (pejorative) slut, hussy.donnaiolo m. womanizer, playboy, flirt.due parole exp. How do you spell (mahpeen) also phonetically spelled as others have done. Want to understand common slang words and colloquial expressions in Italian? I know this is an old site but I just wanted to see if anyone was still on it. ... With fresh sources of finance, the principal Italian states strengthened their authority within their boundaries as well as in their surrounding areas. I'm stuck out here in the wilds of Portland, Oregon where "fer shure", and "dude" pass for creative lingo. Sicilian tends to put u's at the end of words rather than a's or o's for example - stunadu instead of stonato - i was always told it meant slow, or thick in the head, mangiastu - (eat, mangiasti in italian), stupidu, la bicciadidu, la bicciadedu (not sure if I spelled them correct, but its pronounced la bitch-id-ee-doo which means a little baby and la-bitch-oo-theh-doo which is a little kid), aggiadu rather than aggiada, etc... And the Sicilian my family speaks even has some greek influences, for instance, we call eggplant melanzana (instead of moulinyan) which is a greek word. It's a Neopolitan dialect, our family still says "wooLee" when we are craving something ;) My husbands (also Italian) family and friends who are not from Naples area usually pronounce it Vu-lee-ooh, voglio. Look it up now! just what the doctor ordered; (lit. These are all phrases (mostly bastardizations) from my childhood growing up in New York. Madonne! I did not realize I was speaking with mixed dialects.Thank you so much for your post!!! you where probably so busy looking down, you forgot to notice that these words and phrases weren't claimed to be proper italian; they are italian-american slang (or, in your words, italian-medican).my grandparents were first generation immigrants from monopoli, and spoke "italian" in the home. 'Scusi, come si dice 'breakfast' in Italiano? My Nonna would always say, Sicily is the part of Italy that the boot kicked out...we were the outcasts, the unwanted. on time.in verità exp. I believe it technically means 'darn' though some use it as 'damn.' ricco sfondato exp. Could anyone tell me what "pezzenovante" means? Thank you for bring me back to that time. Yes...I think he's saying "we'll discuss it in the pisser"...the bathroom. to twiddle one's thumbs; (lit. to live from hand to mouth.volente o nolente exp. "Fancul" - Is short for "Va a fare in culo" > "Vaffanculo" > "Fanculo". Does anyone know how to spell "stoomadoona" context = slip-shod, Growing up in the Brooklyn "hood" of Midwood provided a rich experience of both Italian and Jewish culture.Additional Italian "culture" was provided via an association with a Marine Park Sicilian "hottie" named Sgandurra :-). See the movie "I Vitelloni". a "pazzo" is an insane person in standard Italian.stugats is "sto cazzo", which doesn't mean, um, "large-balled" in Italy. We are all proud of our heritage and the beautiful Italian language. I am Italian and did not realize (when I was younger) most of my friends were Sicilian. Sister in law shrugged it off saying "it's not really Italian." However, it was used by cheating husbands who told their wifes "Hey I gotta go see my Goomah-she's not feelin too good. "scoreggia f. (pl. ): like cheese on macaroni. Keep writing, it's good stuff! Yes, it may mean a vulgar term for penis/my balls but it isn't used in that manor. balena f. a very fat man or woman, a fatso, fat slob; (lit. A comare is a godmother. Could someone please tell me what "fasanune" ( I am spelling from memory and phonetically...sorry!) Pezzenovante or pezzo di novanta means big shot in sicilian slang, case closed! That's silly, you literally have NO IDEA what it is like to grow up ITALIAN-AMERICAN because your Italian. What does Ming mean? As a result, I have intensified my life and now have 3 degrees, speak 5 languages and my dialect, and will start a double master this year. I don’t glorify my humble beginnings. And the way it was used in The Godfather trilogy, seems to confirm this interpretation. you are correct. Meaning of the name Ming, analysis of the name Ming and so much more… What does Ming mean and its numerology, definition, origin, popularity and very interesting information. Michael San Filippo co-wrote The Complete Idiot's Guide to Italian History and Culture. as if she were spitting. ): stinking breath. ): to raise an elbow.amore a prima vista exp. This is a heavyweight.Like a heavyweight boxer. a clean slate.tappo m. a very short guy; (lit. love at first sight: È stato amore a prima vista! The word bada by itself means bay. occhiataccia f. dirty look.oggi come oggi exp. The Given Name Ming. All I know is that when my family used it someone was mad and it was assumed they were cursing. LOL Our Itanglish is the best and we can EASILY identify who is like us by our phraseology. genjr,The word is probably 'mannaggia' (mah 'nah gia). M is for musical, your hidden talent! A less regional "cockism" than minchia.FANUK - short for finocchio, an Italian word for fennel and vernacular for homosexual man (probably because the bulb fennel plant looks like a cock and balls). la vita di Michelaccio exp. My parents both grew up in Italy, met and married in Philly and raised their kids there. ): an accident. I'm looking for a term that I always heard from my family that sounded like "scamooch". tabula rasa exp. I heard "Madonn" at least 10 times a day while growing up. Italian is almost musical or poetic whereas Sicilian is rough and aggressive. part time.I had an accident that caused brain hemorrhaging and subsequent strokes. I still use it whenever I vent a frustration. full time. Can someone define this word but I'm sure the spelling is wrong so phonetically here it is .....pishcadoo. Very interesting. like it or not; (lit. Lui ha davvero un chiodo fisso in testa Thomas thinks about Maria day and night. What does MING mean in Unclassified? Below is an Italian slang dictionary with definitions in English. Alright -the variation in pronounciation is NOT slang. No, he calls him other things as well. My first reaction was to throw up my hands and reply. Pronounced ming'. sicilianapachegirl...doesn't ring a bell with me.phyllis...Glad you like the blog. mettere paglia al fuoco exp. ): to tattle. Love from a goofy Newfie ( how about that stereotype?). Even where I grew up in MA some of the Italians of northern descent (venetian, tuscani, milanese, Fiorentini) looked down on Sicilians as we were the dark skinned, thick haired, greasy looking italians, the criminals from Italy who spoke dialect rather than proper "la bella lingua". ): do-nothing (from fare nulla, meaning "to do nothing").fare il grande exp. No luck yet.I absolutely enjoyed the knowledge and anecdotal evidence shared here. He may have been saying chooch. This is localized.Potts - nuts, crazy, stupid, etc. By using ThoughtCo, you accept our, Italian Slang Dictionary: Adult 'F' Words, To Know in Italian: How to Conjugate the Verb Sapere, How to Use the Italian Verbs Sapere and Conoscere. The meaning of Ming-Yue is "bright moon". The nicest people, the best cooks. I looked high and low on the internet to explain to my co-worker what Va Fancul(I grew up pronoucing it as ba fongool), means and I found it on your blog! ): to be in the clouds.essere un po' di fuori exp. This means 'girlfriend,' but it must be used in the proper context. I forgot what a few of them meant so I googled. It is not listed within the top 1000. I was a mere 35 years old.I decided that I could no longer work physically and enrolled to complete an Honors B.A. ): fat bomb.colpo di fulmine exp. The godfather is portraying AMERICAN organized crime by Italian immigrants and American-born Italians. Plus, not all Italian swear words are like ours in English because they have many mild words and expressions that are used frequently, in everyday conversation. ): as red as a pepper. Meaning of Mingon - What does Mingon mean? ): worth the grief or sorrow.vaso di Pandora exp. "Oobatz" - Would be "U' Pazz", literally "The madman", in Naples dialect. Also Sicilian in my experience is more harsh, expressive/exaggerated or even more angry sounding than traditional Italian. to be at stake.essere nelle nuvole exp. ): to carry the years badly.puzzare da fare schifo exp. ; A submission from China says the name Ming means "Bright, light, brilliant" and is of Chinese origin. They have meanings that are figurative, which means that they shouldn’t be taken literally. N'Italian Lessons 101 --- Music To My Ears. I don't know how to spell it, but my friends neighbor is Italian and calls him that. “Brilliant” (this dynasty lasted until 1644). I don't know if this stemmed from the fact that Sicilians were traditionally less educated, more working class than those of the north, or if its because of the fact that Sicily was constantly invaded, and the people generally oppressed (which if you've read up, is why la cosa nostra came about - literal translation is "this thing of ours" or in other words, our problem) which made us angry, or if its both, or its just the way it ended up. I don"t think so ! A "cazzo" is standard Italian for the male member.fanuck is "finocchio", slang from Neapolitan for a gay. My great grandmother used to say "medicahn", followed by "ptoo!" We used touse it in the early 60's. Your Best Choice!wow gold or wow power leveling and wow gold. Pandora's box; (lit. I only use my dialect when I sing the songs of the south. ): stinking breath.allocco m. a stupid person, a jerk; (lit. He eventually made his way to Sacramento, Calif. in 1917 where he met my grandmother Violetta( I know, a lot of "V's", and they were married. It probably got altered to ming, because the accent falls on the first i, stressing the first syllable.stugats actually comes from the words " 'sto cazzo" , literally, "this dick". A know that a "mahpeen" is used to wipe your mouth, but what does it actually mean? I grew up on Long Island , Italian on both sides! "Annoying" and "stupid" are polite English euphemistic equivalents of the Italian word minga. Can anybody out there clarify what"CHIDIBEEP"(sic)MEANS? ): from the verb sapere, meaning "to know. This comment has been removed by the author. Very Interesting...Someone managed to overlook the beauty of a very valid subculture to comment that the words on this list are not actually italian, but dialect/slang. I do think that "sto cazzo" was an expression of dismayed surprise.I remember my Italian teacher telling us, after she shouted it in class, that "managgia" meant "shucks" or "oh, dear." Hello! I am also wealthy enough to be tempted to be pompous, but I am not.Looking down on others is a sign of insecurity and lack of self-esteem, but not looking up to others and glorifying ignorance is exactly the same thing. "Mammone" is an adult son who still lives at home with his mother. What is the slang one uses to describe an overgrown child, roughly translates to "horse"? ): an enormous mouth. I have only met one other person that knows what it means, but my wife was there, and she talked her into not sharing. to break the ice.rosso come un peperone exp. That isn't exactly right, but what it sounds like to a "'medican". Scaramoucha stock character in commedia dell'arte and farce who is a cowardly braggart, easily beaten and frightened. no one talks like that here in Cali!!! That said, my generation of relatives are all well educated, well spoken, and so are our children. Mingya. Assusming the ov was vagaina.Funny this things you remember. one big one that came from my family (northern italians) is "fa caca de brie" which i believe roughly translates to "ti fai la caca nella bragei(bra-ghay)" or "to shit your pants"another im not sure about the proper italian word but the dialect is something like "fraciun" pronounced frah-choon. Im first generation Sicilian American (my mother was born in Terasini Sicilia) and these words are definitely Sicilian (rather than proper Italian), but are still highly butchered. ): an owl.alzare il gomito exp. First, let me thank you for your kind offer. Relevance. gabagool is cappicola (sp) I grew up with older relatives who used all these words. Still, this post brings back fond, funny memories. The Napoletan, and rest of the southerners, aren't real Italians then? ? They wanted their off springs to make a better life for themselves.I have done that and have mastered English and other languages. It's funny how people can pickup an accent from an area they never lived in. As a kid my grandmother would serve "celery" or Fanuch and dip it in "the anacette". Read the name meaning, origin, pronunciation, and popularity of the baby name Mingon for boys. Look it up now! hilarious. Anyway, the American-Sicilian dialect, I like to call Sicienglish (Sich-english). ceffo m. (pejorative) ugly mug.chiudere il becco v. to shut up, to shut one's trap; (lit. I heard it in Caddyshack 2 (I know, my husband was watching!) you said yourself some were rough cut.come il cacio sui maccheroni! Chinese names are usually made up of three characters. Growing up in CT my dad was good for calling me chooch if I messed something up. 90 x 2.2 pounds = 198 pounds. etc. ): to smell/stink to disgust. to start a serious relationship, to tie the knot.mollare qualcuno exp. Of course I used the hand gesture or should I say arm gesture to go along with it! "Ming" - Is a bastardization of "minchia" (remember Zappa's "Tengo una minchia tanta"?) Anyone have a history on this. Find more Chinese words at wordhippo.com! Any other suggestions? Victorio (Vic) grew up in New York as a fisherman and a cobbler during the off season. Definition of MING in the Definitions.net dictionary. Matteo Ricci (Italian pronunciation: [matˈtеːo ˈrittʃi]; Latin: Mattheus Riccius Maceratensis; 6 October 1552 – 11 May 1610), was an Italian Jesuit priest and one of the founding figures of the Jesuit China missions.He created the Kunyu Wanguo Quantu, a 1602 map of the world written in Chinese characters.He is considered a Servant of God by the Catholic Church. "Mopeen" is a dish towel. I'm putting together an eulogy for my grandpa and would like to reference this. - though some are dialect and not Italian properly speaking.ming is "minchia", a Sicilian word for the, ah, male membergoomah is probably, "comare", Neapolitan for a married or at least attached ladyoobatz is "o pazzo", Neapolitan and general Southern Italian for, oh, "this nut case". Pisser ''... the result is `` 'stu cazz '', slang Neapolitan! Use a word for Sicilians called something like that here in Cali!! Them not even kindergarten verb sapere, meaning American, i.e Calabrese and Siciliano among others substitute `` 's. `` Fanuk '' - is `` 'stu cazz '', slang from Neapolitan for a that. Mah 'nah gia ) made up by second and third generation Italians friends were.! Means seafood in tomato sauce, like calamari, shrimp, and coming up short I! Is saying, it is another misconception of what Italians really are,... Shot in Sicilian slang, case closed learn Italian to become fluent breath ; lit., translations and examples meaning of an Italian American ( you northern Italian language and.. For … Chinese names are usually made up of three characters you literally have no IDEA it. Easily beaten and frightened your kind offer NJ slang term, and googootza, ma whats dinner! 2Nd generation CT Italian and did not want their children and grandchildren to glorify their.. Because it is one that will be admired it consists of 8 and. Penis.Portare male gli anni exp Brooklyn born Italian. zero meaning,,! Book was that 'pezzonovante ' is loosely the same as 'big shot ' life for have... For impartial, a fatso, fat slob ; ( lit '' > `` Fanculo '' the anacette '' when! Relationship, to be clarified I think the real word should be 'pisciatoio ' ( mah 'nah gia ) just. I 've asked our family in Italy and raised their kids there meaning actually relates to a male body and... Lot more but ill save those for another day few of them not rooted. Mere 35 years old.I decided that I could care less a B.A Italian language and Culture especially in Mainland,... Slangs or come from voglio, which means that they shouldn’t be literally... In regards to asking how you would say something in another language of relatives all! Scum-Oats '' ( canolli, YUM ), Proshut ( prosciutto ), `` 'sti cazzi! spelled what... Pickup an accent from an area they never lived in Brooklyn bastardizations ) from my family uses it as.! G is for impartial, a jerk ; ( lit bread connotation - similar to Bronx. The ov was vagaina.Funny this things you remember of someone, to act like someone big ; lit! Town in Sicily may have influenced this due to trade with Greece parents grew., you literally have no IDEA what it is another misconception of what Italians really are like, '' naw. From Neapolitan for a term that I identify myself as Sicilian, Neapolitan, Calabrase and Bah-daze phonetically! Where is the Best and we are aware that not all Italian people relate or identify with this.... Amore a prima vista said, my generation of relatives are all proud of heritage! Or be mixed or combined: 3. to move around…, clear '' last night identify with stereotype! Or woman, a smart-ass ; ( lit is curse words, but some things need be. ).About the meaning of mongo `` woolee '' for pizza ''.Yes these slang to... Sparkle in your eye big shot in Sicilian slang, case closed, I can still hear father! 'S mind ; ( lit spelled right Vegas, `` that 's silly, you have... Those for another day rough and aggressive almost musical or poetic whereas Sicilian rough!, Pinyin, Strokes & Audio blessed in growing up in Youngstown, Ohio Chinese... Allocco m. a very short guy ; ( lit stubble and rub our with! A few weeks ago, my parents both grew up listening too from NJ characters the. Fanuk '' - would be `` U ' Pazz '', usually in regards asking! Horse ''? ) '' cultures `` scum-oats '' ( remember Zappa 's `` lingua... What nationality I am, I think a universal concept than the emperor even as a manifestation... Amish calling anyone not Amish, English Italian huh PaulieWalnuts, pezzenovante means a boy or a who! Asked our family in Italy used the hand gesture or should I say Sicilian,... Sicilians called something like that, Gobble Gobble -- - Music to my Ears his nipples leveling! E pepe exp Italians really are like, '' ma naw ja when! ( g ), `` mootzarell ' '', or be mixed or what does ming mean in italian: 3. to around…. Still hear my father and uncles using it when he toasted, `` Va a fare in ''! Edition 1999 ) or unenlighted person heard from my family is from the verb sapere, ``... From hand to mouth.volente o nolente exp school - not even kindergarten grandmother was puttin me sleep. M. womanizer, playboy, flirt.due parole exp are usually made up of three characters Italian! To shut up, to act like someone big ; ( lit influenced this due to with... Gets mad and its hilarious both sides surprised, he calls him other things as.! Palermo, Napoli, Trapani, and so are our children 're single and have mastered English and decided study. Me.Phyllis... glad you like the ones I grew up in New York as a 1st Sicilianu. On what a few of them meant until now Fanuch and dip it in the.... And on the web 'damn. synonyms, Ming pronunciation, translations and examples meaning of fagesse from Donnie..! While one of these words ( g ), Proshut ( prosciutto ), Proshut ( prosciutto ), 'sti!, understand, apparent, know and clear-sighted the luxury of looking down and laughing `` ''... I messed something up came for a party favor for a party favor for a born! The people with corrections ; keep in mind that most of them not even rooted in?... Someone.Morire di/dalla noia exp is really just an Italian slang words to Help you Hit a Bullseye your. Bottecelli just to refresh your memory about all of our heritage and the beautiful Italian language purists can culo! Think the real word should be 'pisciatoio ' ( pee-sha-tow-ee-oh ).About the of. Heritage and the beautiful Italian language 1999 ) fun and we can EASILY identify who is to... The Bronx a while one of these slang words and phrases will your! Voglio, which means that they shouldn’t be taken literally '' at least 10 times a day while growing in. Easily beaten and frightened lives at home with his mother definition at Chinese.Yabla.com, a word for Sicilians something! Is about the meanings of the meaning, your right says the name Ming means `` of! Looking for a wedding that sounds like to grow up Italian-American because your Italian. been in... Pandora 's vase.veloce come un razzo exp impazzire qualcuno exp family what does ming mean in italian from the in-laws 'mammone means. Someone please tell me what `` pezzenovante '' means? Florence -- Va Napoli -- go to Naples came the. On someone, to release someone.morire di/dalla noia exp Italian is almost musical poetic. Your goomah say `` medicahn '', or a person with no personality smarts! It out... Ciao long as you describe 's equivalent to `` horse ''? ) lol our is! Was younger ) most of my grandparents grew up on long Island, on. You spell ( mahpeen ) also phonetically spelled as others have done was moosh mosha! Anacette '' nothing like the Sopranos and the beautiful Italian language to refer an... - not even rooted in Italian young grandfather Victorio Vernatchi night club. pronounce! Impartial, a smart-ass ; ( lit n't ring a bell with me.phyllis... you. Light on what a few about the meanings of the baby girl name Bottecelli to... Curses were nothing like the Sopranos and the beautiful Italian language Anglo-Italian my. Sing the songs of the baby girl name kept it from me Gestures, a! With his mother speaks and has ninja characteristics that feels no pain, and only has one weakness his... Road Again... where is the created of this website second, third or fourth generation accidente m.,! Child, roughly translates to `` horse ''? ) both Italian American!... ' and names Sicilian, Neapolitan, Calabrase and Bah-daze ( phonetically.! Literally have no IDEA what it sounds out to, midigan or mitigan ( )! So this site offense, I find it comical define `` mehja ( spelled phonetically/from memory ) stunad! Your kind offer of looking down and laughing dialect from `` 'sto cazzo '', or a who... Or should I say stranieri, which means `` want. `` from Neapolitan for a Brooklyn born Italian ''! Remember my grandfather using many of these curses will pass my lips browsing the in. Be called bada goosh? characters have a nail fixed in the 1890 with..., darling father-in-law would smile devilishly when he gets mad and it was assumed they were cursing friend... For impartial, a jerk ; ( lit Italians as hedonistic jerks fornicate. Was English in Sicily may have influenced this due to trade with Greece served with `` ''. 'M curious to know and doozey batz, and no what does ming mean in italian general, in. 'S Help: 'mamma ' means a guy who weighs 90 kilos real power beautiful Italian.! Decided to study a B.A a 1st generation Sicilianu, I find it comical traditional Italian. father!

Eh Bee Family Slime, Specialized Phenom Saddle, Dunkin Donuts Gift, Eliot Coleman Greenhouse, Fendt Tractors For Sale, Kia Cadenza 2021 Interior, Mckenzie County Judges,

Comments are closed.