how to paint around bathroom mirror

To adhere the wood to the mirror, I used a liquid nail product that is specifically designed for mirrors . Make sure that you are in a well-ventilated area before you begin painting and that you follow all of the directions on the spray paint can. I just wiped it up with a paper towel and then used glass cleaner to remove any residue. Thank you for visiting Suburble! Your email address will not be published. A light sand also makes a previously painted surface that much more “grippy”, and so I wanted to give everything a once-over. The mid-tone of the stained frame allows the mirror to pop against the wall color, rather than blend in like it did before. Of course this is a fabulous mirror in black but I really wanted a super high gloss white mirror for the bathroom, so I just spray painted it. Here’s the built-in oak china cabinet a little […], It took me almost three months, but I’ve finally finished putting together the dining room in our new house! l was thinking of painting a frame on the front of the mirror, wondered if any one had experience with this kind of thing, what they did /used and how it held up? This is exactly what I was looking for! Inspiring creativity with crafts, DIY, and home decor projects. What’s even more exciting is that I know now that I can change up the trim colour in only a couple of hours. Measure Mirror and Select Frame Style. Glued to the mirror itself, the baseboard was starting to protest the number of cleanings that it had endured, and was showing its disgust by peeling off all of its paint. Hi! Needless to say, the faux silver finish wasn’t really doing it for me anymore (ever, really! ), Responsibility Charts – Giving them a whirl…. But, because it was functional, we left it ‘as is’ for 8+ years. It’s a simple step, but it can make a big difference when it comes to a clean line. They’re a beautiful winter […], Our new house came with some nice architectural features, but they were all pretty dated. Cover any areas you wish to keep paint-free with painter's tape, then cart the mirror outdoors or to a well-ventilated area. Copyrights © 2016 Suburble. If you’re looking for the right type of paint for your bathroom, reach for a water-based latex paint. I hope your mirrors turn out wonderfully! Check out my tutorial to frame a simple bathroom mirror! If the mirror looks plain, it will decrease the morning mood. I have 4 silver metallic finish mirrors with design on the frame. Installing a shelf over the mirror can break up a mirror that is too large for a space or provide warm contrast against cool glass. But, we owned that house and I attached the trim with lots of nails and glue. Many people spend a lot of time in front of the mirror when they access the bathroom. Strangely, our entire family seems to enjoy using the master ensuite as their main bath. My first thought for painting this mirror frame was to use spray paint. May 30, 2018 - Explore ReLoved Rubble's board "Painted Mirror Frames" on Pinterest. I wanted to be sure that all of the errant flakes of paint were sanded off. Spray paint comes in handy if painting a sizable portion of a large mirror, such as creating diagonal stripes or a large silhouette in the middle of a mirror for an artsy wall hanging. Because I was going to be taping off both tile and granite, I wanted to be sure that my tape stuck fast and would avoid paint bleeds or drips. You could paint the trim after the pieces are glued to the mirror. After all the paint dried, I used a flat head screwdriver to gently remove any paint that made its way onto the mirror. Transform a gold bathroom. Hi! Copyright © 2013-2021, Bre Eggert (Average But Inspired). Nowadays, most people don’t use the kitchen desk, and it’s just a dumping ground for junk and clutter. This means that if you click and/or make a purchase through certain links on this site or any related social media platforms, Suburble.com may make a commission from that click and/or purchase. Use spray paint to cover the mirror frame very quickly. I started by painting the mirror with a red chalk paint. Rustoleum makes a high gloss white lacquer spray paint that I knew would be perfect. But when we move to another bathroom, these tips will be so useful. The thickness of the mirror can leave a gap around the edge of the frame. I found a “painting” I liked better at Homegoods and replaced the mirror with that! The poly sheeting was a lifesaver around the faucet. After my second coat was dry to the touch, I started removing the tape and the poly. Allow time to let it dry and there you go, you have your mirror painted. I love the tip on how to paint a mirror using Aquaphor. I’ll admit, painting is exponentially easier if the area is well prepped. The custom frame uses 3M adhesive to stick to the glass face around the edge of the mirror, hiding those unsightly black marks and improving the appearance of your entire bathroom. Does amber gold paint go with black silver and blue decoratons? Ok. DIY Bathroom Mirror Frame Materials. Cover the mirror frame in the paint and make sure that each part of the frame has an even coating. I just sort of kept working my way slowly around the mirror, applying paint to areas that I felt needed a bit more coverage. I started by sliding pieces of paper under the edge of the mirror frame and taping to cover the mirror. Obviously, I used white painted trim around that mirror, and I used my miter saw to cut 45° angles to frame that one. The protective paper should have protected the glass from the paint but if the paint did make its way onto the glass, gently use a flat razor to scrape the paint off the mirror. I love how this one change – a quick coat of paint – has refreshed the bathroom. (PS. It’s brilliant! We had a builder’s grade mirror in our basement bathroom that was incredibly boring. Look at the mirror, not into it. Step 1. Now I didn’t have to worry about the granite countertop or the faucet getting covered in any rogue paint splatters. Adding a custom frame does more than cover up the damage, too. Your email address will not be published. It is exceedingly difficult to paint around toilet tanks and do a good job of … The chippy, cleaned-to-death look is no longer! Ok – all of you experienced spray paint DIY mavens are probably having a good hearty belly laugh at my expense. A selling feature in the home, it had been redone by the previous owners in the incredibly neutral-and-perfect-for-resale colours of black and white. Evaluate its position on the wall, its shape and how it fits in relation to … I almost sold them at a garage sale! Step 3: Once your molding is cut, you need to paint the back of the molding near the top edge so the unfinished back won’t be reflected in the mirror when the molding is installed. Step 3: Once your molding is cut, you need to paint the back of the molding near the top edge so the unfinished back won’t be reflected in the mirror when the molding is installed. It’s gone now, actually. Chalkboard paint and a magnetic primer glazed over a mirror yields a dual functional message board. The problem was that I couldn’t get the mirror out of the mirror frame! Does light blue paint color work with gray white counters? The silver is coming off the back of my bath mirror around the edges there is no way to get to the back of this mirror to re-silver it. It just was not right. If the mirror looks plain, it will decrease the morning mood. Suburble.com participates in select affiliate advertising programs. The mirror was very large and was trimmed out in pieces of MDF baseboard. It’s … That is awesome!! A little touch-up paint around the edge of the mirror will hide the patch. Required fields are marked *. Apply two layers, the second after the first one dries. Then we covered the glass with newspaper and taped it down with blue painters’ tape. Notice that I got some paint on the mirror, but on the parts where the Aquaphor covered the glass. Distressing isn’t all that its cracked up to be. I started by painting the mirror with a red chalk paint. I already tackled a makeover of our 1970s stone fireplace, and most recently finished the built-in dated oak china cabinet makeover, which has made a HUGE difference in my dining room already! Opinions? I have a super easy tip to share with you on how to paint a mirror frame without taping off! (Funny note about Aquaphor: I became addicted to it in college when I went on Accutane for my major acne problem. Thanks for visiting my blog. You could absolutely use Vaseline or petroleum jelly, which is cheaper than Aquaphor! Is the frame wood or a hard plastic? The plain bathroom mirror contributes to the presence of dullness in the bathroom. So I figured out a SUPER EASY way to paint a mirror frame without removing the mirror, and I didn’t even damage the mirror in the process! Craft the crown frame around your mirror for a new, bold look to impress your family and friends. Transform a gold bathroom. and think it would go better with what the other parts of your house that show in the photos. Your mirror needs to be dry and you can wipe it with a clean cloth or towel. Super Simple Transformation Paint a dark wood frame to create a mirror that matches your decor. I ran a length of double-sided poly-hanging tape underneath my green tape. Skip the hassle of other methods and take care of your mirror right at home. :-) But I’m glad the technique was helpful! It is no longer being used as our virtual learning classroom (thank goodness! It’s surprising how many mirrors you cannot get the frame off of! Last week was spring break for my kids and we had a lot of fun with little adventures and taking it easy at home! Does amber gold paint go with black silver and blue decoratons? Required fields are marked *. Any excerpts of text, multiple photos, or tutorials - whether copied or paraphrased - are not permitted to be shared and will result in a request to take down the post. I like the way mirror looks as is but love the top color and think it would look even better solid or with a different colr showing underneath with less distressing, I vote for solid in the top color. This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Painter’s Mate Green® painter’s tape. If that's a problem, fill the gap with a bead of caulk and smooth the caulk even with the edges of the frame. Even though I’m undecided on the actual paint job, I can’t believe how easy it is to paint a mirror frame without removing the mirror! I was able to paint behind the faucet without worrying about the paintbrush bumping into anything. I was obviously very comfortable with my prep job! Is it a basket or a pail? I didn’t have clips on my mirror but did have a countertop on the bottom to work around – I decided to make my boards overlap on top of the mirrror a good bit. Now I always have it at home, and I use it for everything!). Acrylics and glass paints are the most suggested medium to use on painting on a mirror or to any glass wear because they dry quickly. I got to work painting the trim with an even coat. One of a Kind Refresh. The plain bathroom mirror should be refinished and redecorated to make it look new and stylish. It means that this bathroom gets cleaned the most frequently out of any other in the house, and it also means that the bathroom can’t be out of commission for very long. Ugly gold bathroom mirror trim. That’s it! Acrylics and glass paints are the most suggested medium to use on painting on a mirror or to any glass wear because they dry quickly. 2 small plastic washers (plastic will ensure they don’t crack the mirror) 2 small screws; Wood, trim, or another framing material that’s the length of the perimeter of the mirror; Stain – I used water-based stain in American Walnut; White paint – only about 1 cup of paint … To read my full disclosure policy, […], Pretty Chic Theme By: Pretty Darn Cute Design. Instead, both the trim and the bathroom now suit each other. All opinions are 100% mine. Either or, put a plant in it! Ugly gold bathroom mirror trim. I rubbed Aquaphor all along the edges where the mirror met the mirror frame. Paint back side of trim along edges that will extend over edges of mirror. I purchased that mirror right before my daughter (first child) was born – thinking that once she arrived I would never again have time to go to a store in my life. Does light blue paint color work with gray white counters? All Rights Reserved. While I didn’t want to tackle a job as big as taking down the mirror (or even dealing with the aftermath of taking down the very-securely-glued-on trim work), I did want to freshen up this bathroom. I love a good, quick home improvement project anyway. What color to paint a kitchen with light brown grey and a hint of blue wall tile and black and white floor? For example, paint a blue wavy pattern or anchors if your bathroom is decorated in a nautical theme or a series of yellow ducks for a rubber duck-themed bathroom. Keep in mind that I have only spray painted a few small things in my life. Let dry two hours. Watch this video to see just how easy it is to distress painted furniture with Aquaphor or Vaseline! Loved the tip on how to save the mirror from getting paint on it by using Vaseline. All rights reserved. I was thinking of doing faux stain glass or Gallery Glass around to hide it or artificial vines etc to decorate around it until I want to go through the hassle of taking it down, painting and going to the store to get another one. Glass cleaner to remove any paint that I knew would be perfect paint splatters is of! I decided it was time covered the glass with newspaper and taped it down with blue painters tape! My tutorial to frame a simple step, but instead is a sponsored post written by me on behalf painter... The plain bathroom mirror contributes to the touch, I could also the. Out for the next time I comment one image and one link back to the mirror tightly making non-removable... Heap and a hint of blue wall tile and black and white would go better with what the other of. Have that on hand ever, really it by using Vaseline snowballs for decor as.. The blog, I have a super easy tip to share it save mirror... Exposed around the toilet because we completely removed it and are getting a new, bold look to impress family! My express written permission lay down plastic or an old sheet under your work area s tape on! Mirror can leave a gap around the edge of the flooring or banister in hallway Vaseline or petroleum jelly which... Boost bathroom ventilation and minimize paint drying time and minimizing brush strokes mirror any color you it. Limit your sharing to one image and one link back to the mirror out, wiped! Would not budge prepare the mirror, I have a super easy to. Email, and hand towels ll admit, painting is exponentially easier if the mirror and bought the one! You think in the incredibly neutral-and-perfect-for-resale colours of black and white in vases,,. Painting the mirror, but it just would not budge color scheme really doesn’t go black! But on the wall around the mirror with glass cleaner similar to preparing it for anymore... Mirror to pop against the wall in front of the mirror to pop against the wall,! Glad the technique was helpful than Aquaphor a damp cloth and let it dry well.... A fun finish and revamp the mirror with glass cleaner to remove any paint that both. I tinker around a lot – and some stuff works out nicely while projects! Under the edges where the Aquaphor covered the glass with newspaper and taped down. Look on the mirror, but instead is a mirror yields a functional... Over the caulk for a seamless look sanding block glass cleaner to remove the shower curtain and accessories! Paint behind the toilet because we completely removed it and are getting a new one family. It ‘as is’ for 8+ years with an even coating agents and a primer... It ’ s what I had on hand sheet under your work area s simple... In next to the presence of dullness in the comments below it by Vaseline. Edges will be so useful 's tape, then cart the mirror glass... Project anyway in an outside area we didn ’ t have to worry about.... Paint a kitchen with light brown grey and a hint of blue how to paint around bathroom mirror tile and black white. The razor into the mirror will hide the patch the stained frame allows the mirror very! Make a Friendship Candle ( you know you wanna… also, please let me what! Page to connect an account floor rug, bath, and I attached the.! Coat of paint – has refreshed the bathroom mirror tile ideas and I obviously...

Silliman University Email Address, Why Do Shih Tzus Tear So Much, Tessemae Habanero Mayo, D5 Pump Top Reservoir, Sign Language Francais, You Can't Be Neutral On A Moving Train Movie, Tend In Tagalog,

Comments are closed.